Thursday, June 20, 2013

Warm-Up for aerial acrobatics - Beginners

Hi everybody,

I was asked to make a warm-up and stretches video - so i did :)

Warm-up is very important before starting to practice. It prepares your body and soul. It warms your muscles and it prepares you for all the stretches and the exercise you are going to do, and it also prevents injuries. So let's say it's not only important, it is inseparable from the practice.

This warm-up is for beginners, for people who just now starting to train and want to improve their flexibility.
On this video everything looks a bit faster than in life. Warm-up should take you about 20-30 min.

I know how difficult it is to start, so PLEASE try not to get frustrated if you can't do something or can't reach your knees, toes etc. IT WILL GET BETTER IN TIME - this much I can promise.

When i do my warm-up, i add strengthening exercises, i will put those on a different video.
Some say that it is better to do the strengthening exercises at the beginning of the practice, and some say that it is better to do it at the end. I think that if you are a beginner, it is better to do the strengthening exercises at the end, because you will ran out of juice very fast if you do those at the beginning of the practice...

So here it is, hope you'll enjoy it!



If you can't see the embedded video CLICK HERE to see it.

I also found this wonderful flexibility yoga video:


If you can't see the embedded yoga video CLICK HERE to see it.
 
I hope that these videos will help you, and please let me know if you have any questions.

The next video I will post will be the one to teach you how to go on the hoop for the first time ever, so be sure to come back :)

Have a great weekend!
 Emily Cage

No comments:

Post a Comment